Welcome to Woodlawn Celestial Gardens, formerly known as Woodlawn Memorial Park.
Our all volunteer staff enables families and friends of the deceased to visit their loved ones. Woodlawn is 151 year old historical, pioneer cemetery. Because of it's age there are many areas throughout the cemetery that are not level due to ground settling. Please be observant when walking through the cemetery. We appreciate your patience as we work to continue the improvements to Woodlawn.
The following rules are established for the safety and comfort of our guests and to preserve the dignity of these grounds:
- Woodlawn has a single one way road through the cemetery. Vehicles must enter at 1715 W. Greenleaf Blvd and exit on Central Avenue.
- The cemetery roadway is narrow. Do not park where curbs are painted red. Please park on the right side of the road leaving as much pavement as possible for passing vehicles.
- Vehicles may not drive across burial plots to reach distant gravesites. Before visiting, please contact office personnel to see if assistance can be provided for the elderly or impaired.
- All floral arrangements must be placed in plastic, above ground vases or in the in-ground metal vases where installed. Glass containers or decorations creating a safety hazard are prohibited and will be removed immediately.
- Please be considerate of other guests when speaking or playing music.
- Pets are not permitted, except for certified service animals. Please clean up after your animal.
- Do not dig, trench, move, remove or disturb the soil in any manner. Woodlawn is not licensed to inter or disinter the deceased so we limit all soil disruptions to maintenance performed by staff. Please notify the office if your loved one's grave site needs attention and we will work with you to address your concern.
- Do not plant, remove or trim grass, flowers, shrubs or trees within the cemetery.
- Do not place fencing, rocks or edging of any kind on or around graves.
- Do not remove or alter monuments or headstones, it is a criminal offense.
- Do not install headstones or other permanent memorials.
- Do not post signs on fencing or anywhere on cemetery grounds.
- The following are not permitted on cemetery property:
- Loitering, peddling or soliciting
- Dumping of waste or trash
- Firearms, Alcohol or Drugs
- Woodlawn is private property. Only persons on cemetery business are allowed on cemetery grounds. Violators are trespassing and subject to arrest.